GET SET FOR A PLEASURABLE, INSPIRATIONAL, PRODUCTIVE, AND SUPPORTIVE WRITING WEEKEND AMONG PEERS TO CREATE ACADEMIC PROGRESS
AT A BEAUTIFUL SPOT NEARBY THE COAST OF GRONINGEN: WONGEMA
Get ready for the ideal circumstances to boost your writing (and, why not: creativity) during this Writing Weekend for Academics at Wongema, Hornhuizen. The spot to become energized and focused and to feel the courage to write and act on your to-do list. This weekend comes with the support of the Academic Career Coach and, of course, the pleasure of being with peers and like-minded people. Together we will create opportunities to create academic progress and actively take steps to reach your goals.
And to make things easy, this Writing Weekend for Academics is all-inclusive -food, coffee and tea, a spread bed, and VAT- for just € 350 per person.
THESE ARE THE THINGS YOU CAN EXPECT
– An intake to define what you want to get out of this Writing Weekend
– Preparation material to kick-start the Writing Weekend
– Fixed structure during the weekend, full of chances to follow your plan
– Practical handles to improve your thinking, reading, and writing
– A one-on-one session with the Academic Career Coach (optional)
– Option to build and expand your network
– Good food for every preference
– The freshest air of the Netherlands -that will boost your writing!
The weekend starts Friday, 20st of May at 16h (the bus arrives at 15.48) and ends on Sunday, 22nd at 18h (the bus leaves at 18.08). We will stay at the barn part of Wongema, which comes with a kitchen, an open fire, armchairs, a massive table, and 11 “bedstedes” (sleeping lofts). The barn will be a quiet working area during the daytime, while the next-door café is open for those who prefer more commotion. The math is easy; only 11 academics can join.
The daily scheme is plain and straightforward; at set times, we eat together, preceded, or followed, by a gathered moment to discuss the progress so far. In between, you can: work, walk, have a power nap, have a session with the Academic Career Coach, etc. It is up to you to follow your plan; the intake, the kick-off, your peers, and the Academic Career Coach will help you set and (re)define your goals.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
– The one-hour trip by train and bus from Groningen to Hornhuizen, and vice versa (€ 7,25)
– Alcoholic drinks
– A private room. However, there is a limited possibility of booking one for € 80 extra.
Feel free to share this Writing Weekend for Academics with people you know who might be interested.
If you have any further questions, please reach out to me!
email@example.com or +316 55718609